RE: 3.9L to 5.2L Swap

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 09:46:02 EDT

Man...You've got the perfect truck for a 340CID/45RH -
Engine/Transmission swap! (That's if you want a serious street/strip
truck.) :)

If the 5spd was for the 4/6 cylinder...I doubt that it would hold up to
the V8. You may want to consider an automatic trans swap with manual
shift valve body since you don't have all the electronics to worry about
(unlike the later model Dakota's).

Definitely check with EngineSwaps.com as others suggested...lots of
options for your model.

- Bernd