RE: Painting Gen-3 Dakota Door and Tailgate handles

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 10:45:18 EDT

Ten years long enough for you? :-) No problems with mine. Some painters
wouldn't do it for the reasons you mentioned but my guy thought it could be
done. Well he did something right for it to last this long!

Would be a good idea to have a flex agent in the paint or a special primer
for plastic parts (I've used Bulldog (spray can) with great success on
license plate frames and factory plastic splash guards). Then regular
primer, then paint and clearcoat.

RayB