Re: Next stop on the bus ride to hell...

From: Steve Feiler (stcr@lvcm.com)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 09:37:13 EDT

My apologies if anybody got the impression from my note that the factory
batteries are total crap and fail at a very high rate... Obviously many
people have had good luck with their original battery... But over the last
2 years of cruising all of the Dodge Truck forums, I've seen what I consider
to be "too many" occurrances of dead batteries to consider the factory
battery a top quality product. My truck is driven daily, with moderate
electrical use but nothing extensive (I have an MTX Thunderform), and the
battery died on me overnight at 28k miles without any warning - worked fine
at 11pm when I pulled in, wouldn't start and couldn't even jump it at 7am -
no devices were left on to drain it dry, either - just kaput.

I'm just letting people know that if you do join the DBC (Dead Battery Club)
that you do have the option of replacing it with whatever aftermarket
battery you choose with an up to $77 reimbursement from Daimler-Chrysler if
you follow that procedure instead of being forced to take another factory
battery.