Re: Re: Next stop on the bus ride to hell...

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 14:20:05 EDT

Well, mine crapped out within the first year I had mine. Beings the truck
was under warranty, they replaced it. After #2 crapped out a year later I
got a duralast at Auto Zone. Theyre not much better but at least I get a
new one for free when it craps out every year.

Gary Hedlin
President
Hedlin Web Designs
http://www.hedlin.net
""Steve Feiler"" <stcr@lvcm.com> wrote in message

> My apologies if anybody got the impression from my note that the factory
> batteries are total crap and fail at a very high rate... Obviously many
> people have had good luck with their original battery... But over the
last
> 2 years of cruising all of the Dodge Truck forums, I've seen what I
consider
> to be "too many" occurrances of dead batteries to consider the factory
> battery a top quality product. My truck is driven daily, with moderate
> electrical use but nothing extensive (I have an MTX Thunderform), and the
> battery died on me overnight at 28k miles without any warning - worked
fine
> at 11pm when I pulled in, wouldn't start and couldn't even jump it at
7am -
> no devices were left on to drain it dry, either - just kaput.
>
> I'm just letting people know that if you do join the DBC (Dead Battery
Club)