Re: Re: Next stop on the bus ride to hell...

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 03:34:31 EDT

At one point I did bring the truck in for service and told them that the
battery was NG. They did a fast charge or something that cleaned off the
plates in the cells. Battery has been great since then (knock on wood). Not
sure if they were BSing or what, but it lasted past the 36000/36 month mark.
I figure that's all the dealer wanted anyway.

--
Don Mallett

Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 01:07:49 -0700 From: "DAKSY" <rsmith13@nycap.rr.com> Subject: DML: Re: Re: Next stop on the bus ride to hell...

Hey, Don,

<snip> I have 49,000+ miles on my stock brick. In just over 3 years I must have drained it half a dozen times to a point where the door lights wouldn't even glow.<snip>

Yow! What did they give you? A deep-cycle battery?

The DAKSY has 67K & 3-1/2 years on the "stock brick" (as you call it) & it has just about sh*t the bed...The usual 1-2 second crank to turn her over has gone up to about 5-6(+) seconds in the past 2 weeks...I figger she'll start throwin a mil pretty soon...I need her to make it til the end of the month so I can snag an Optima with my next retirement stipend... *Sheesh*...My DAK "to do" list seems to be approaching infinity...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM) Averill Park, NY 2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/