Bad Rings For Sure

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 15:28:11 EDT

Well I just came back in from the swamp and have just seen confirmation
of what I have suspected all along. How I missed it before is a
mystery. There *IS* blue smoke from what is left of the exhaust. If
I'm honest with myself - - I'll admit that the water I sucked in at the
BBQ last summer is what did it. However since I am insane and not
dealing with reality I will blame it on the machine shop that folded and
wouldnt honor my 12 month warrenty when the timing chain failed, and the
mechanic who told me said chain was not the problem but it was an
alternator bearing. (that still boils my blood)

I regasketed the valve covers and tried that mystery oil stuff that Bob
Tom suggested - - it seemed to help a little - however the lifter is
still clicking louder than normal.

Lets see - - Iffy suspension, bad rings, lifter clacking, oil pan leak,
possible bad tranny... (havn't been able to drive the truck to test the
trans).... yup this would seem to put me out of the running for this
years BBQ....

Terrible Tom

************COUNTDOWN (68) DAYS UNTIL M-DAY************

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/