Re: Twisted Dak?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 15:21:27 EDT

Korey Atterberry wrote:
> Hey all-
>
> The other day I was walking to my truck (2000 V6 2WD with the "tire &
> handling package"), and looking from the back, it looked like my bed
> was twisted. The back right corner looked low, but the front of the
> bed looked level. At the time, I had an empty tank, but I still saw it
> after a fill-up.
>
> Anyone else notice the same thing, or have any thoughts? Is this
> normal?

I noticed not long after I bought my 4x4, that the right side of the
truck also seemed lower - after having replaced the rear spring packs, I
determined that the frame was indeed bent. With the condition this
truck was/is in - I couldn't guess as to what the cause was. There is
bondo in the rear right bed corner - so I suspect there may have been an
accident at one point. Being that its a 14 year old plow truck - (shrug)
  I had the frame bent back into shape for a couple hundrid... but the
frame is still suspect in my mind and I want to replace it.

Terrible Tom

************COUNTDOWN (68) DAYS UNTIL M-DAY************

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/