Re: Clay bar rocks!

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 09:51:19 EDT

Clay bars are awesome! We used them all the time when I worked at the car
dealer... they take just about everything...ok everything...off of your
paint...stuff you didn't even know was there. Upon being............leaving
the delership on less than favorable terms, I walked out with a small bucket
of the professional ones that we used...much better than the mother's ones.
These last thru 2-3 years of heavy usage (3-5 uses per year) no problem,
whereas the mother's bar will only last about 3 uses. Oh, don't put that
mother's bar in a plastic bag, it will stick like glue! If you're going to
be doing this again (ok, you probably will) take a look online and see if
you can find products by a company called NuLook (not sure if it's one or
two words) they make some amazing stuff. There's a distributor out here in
chicago that i've been to before (don't ask where it is, i've forgotten) and
they make this stuff called all purpose cleaner....OMG, will it take any
stain out of anything. The carpet in my dak was black from winter and it
turned it gray again no problems. I've just about run out of it, so I'll be
looking too... If I find anything I'll let ya know!

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Dave Downing"" <ded74@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bad6d8$888$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > Well, we finally got a few days of good weather so I decided to clean my > baby up. I have a full set of Zaino that I bought before I went on > deployment, but it's packed away in storage. So I picked up Mother's clay > bar, stage II glaze/sealer and stage III wax. Did the whole process (first > time using a clay bar), took about four hours, but holy crap it was worth > it. The people I'm staying with right now were on the front porch watching > me, with the occasional snide comment (these are people that think that > their car gets clean in the rain so there's no need to wash it), but when I > was done I had them come over and feel how smooth the finish is now, they > couldn't believe it. I couldn't either, it's smoother and looks better than > when it was new. Couple more coats of wax and she'll be good to go, ran out > of daylight yesterday tho, so that'll have to be today. Sorry, got a little > long winded, but if you haven't used a clay bar on your truck yet, I highly > recommend it, it's amazing! > > -- > Dave > '02 FR RC R/T > > > >