RE: Re: Now GenII DakIntakeAirDucts-Was Home-made cool air induction for $12.00

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 12:38:39 EDT

Nope, never set a code on mine. I've used it in the air cleaner as in the
picture and also right at the inlet beside the radiator. I was concerned
about that location as it would only see ambient temp, which doesn't change
much during a race. I've used my scanner to monitor the temp it sees and
have had no problem with it anywhere.

In the intake manifold, it reads hotter and varies quite a bit. In the air
cleaner inlet it reads cooler and doesn't vary much (so that's what I use
for consistency at the track). At the inlet by the radiator it reads
ambient and doesn't change but that causes a slight fuel enrichment which
was more than I needed as I'm already running rich (stock 19 lb injectors).

Maybe your sensor is bad.?

RayB