RE: Re: Re: New toy, WRX HELP

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 10:03:03 EDT

Hey Ken!

Just and FYI....DC has changed their standard location for the HEMI badging.
They have put in on the front fenders in front of the wheel well, just
behind the headlights. Typically, they used to be behind the wheel well.
That should help you find the new beasts ;)

I was fortunate to ride in one last Sunday. Let me tell you, it was an
awesome experience when we opened it up!! Overall I was impressed. The stock
sound out the pipes was nice, not overbearing, but not real quite either. It
goes back to the days with the 454 in the '75 Bonneville -- you can let the
big dogs run as you watch the gas gauge go down :) It is a lot of fun but
costly. He was averaging a whopping 12.3 mpg (4x2 RC) which was mostly city
driving.

Of course, I would buy one if we could get it in the Dak, but I doubt that
will happen. A new suspension for the front end for the additional weight,
then something in the back to provide the extra grip required. Perhaps the
Viper wheels? lol. Same bolt pattern, but the wells need some massaging.

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 256,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1 - 83,900mi!
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/DnuuSncssJujU