RE: Re: Chrysler Kills M80

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 13:07:35 EDT

I may not even happen who knows. I know that they have really been
ircked by the furl mileage complaints and the fact that they are going
to get more stringent over the next few years that will not help either.
The Hemi was developed to use cylinder deactivation technology which
really increases the fuel mileage it gets so that is also in it's favor.
On the other side they had to jump through some hoops to get the Hemi to
pass emissions due to the hemispherical combustion chamber. Great for
power but bad for emissions.

Jeff Durling