Re: Re: insurance?

From: Wayne Allewelt (wallewelt@mai-aec.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 14:41:48 EDT

I've had SF since I was 16 over 20 yrs now. My rates were high up til I hit
25 and then they dropped in half. I have a lowered (less than 1" clearance
from ground Nissan King Cab Convert.) They don't know how low it is right
now.When I started to customize it 10 yrs ago, I asked about lowered
vehicles and they said it depended on how low and how it was lowered. They
said that an 1"or 2" was ok. any more and they would drop me due to they
feel it would be unsafe. I had it fully covered, til I garaged it for redo,
and they hit me for about $400 every 6 months. The rate on my 01 QC is
actually lower then the Nissan about 350 every 6. I was surprised. This is
the rate I have in FLA. Lowest I could find. I have my house Insured thru SF
and that where they gave it to me up the &*# last July. They gouged me an
additional $300 a year, can't really complain because home insurance here in
FLA is a biatch to get.
Whatever you do don't let them know how low it really is. Also, raising your
deductible helps lower your rates if you can afford a higher deductible.

Sorry for the length, had to get point across.

Wayne
01 QC Sport 4X4 V8
mods coming soon, hopefully