Edelbrock Performer IAS or Rancho RSX17000 Shocks

From: Kenneth M. Berntsen (kenneth@berntsen.cc)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 10:07:06 EDT

Okay

I've kinda narrowed my selection down to the Edelbrock Performer IAS Mono-Tube
Shocks and the Rancho RSX17000 Shocks. I drive a 2000 Quad-Cab 4x4 wich sees
mostly pavement. I know either of these would be an improvement over the
stockers which have 55K on them. I'm looking for something that will help tame
the "Bouncy Ride" as my wife describes it but won't hinder me on my ocasional
off-road venture. Prices are comparable except for the fact that there is a
buy 3 get 1 free offer on Rancho shocks right now. Is the valving that Rancho
talks about the standard valving that most good shocks have or is it something
serving a similar function to what the IAS shocks have.

Thanks for the Help!

Kenneth
2000 Dakota Quad-Cab 4x4 5.9
1996 Dakota Sport 3.9 (Retired)