Re: Re: Re: Re: Superchips Dyno Results

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 14:40:38 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <bernd@texas.net>
To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 11:11 AM
Subject: DML: Re: Re: Re: Superchips Dyno Results

> Informative reading for "Factory Forced Induction" Vehicles Bob. However,
> we're talking about an engine that was never Supercharged from the
factory.
> Aftermarket options are required. (Even you should know that.)

Bernd, the fact that it wasn't forced induction from the factory just means
you are starting from further back. The PCM still doesn't understand
positive pressure and your Apexi box doesn't resolve that. Boost transition
issues will still be there. Drivability issues will not be completely
resolved and even with your best efforts you'll be leaving some HP/TQ on the
table.

I guess you just overlooked the part about all the fuel enrichment stuff.
You can't resolve all of the issues of a blower with a simple MAP tweak.

> In regards to the tuning devices...hehehehe...i'll leave that one alone
not to
> ruffle your feathers. LOL ;)
>
> - Bernd

You have to leave it alone Bernd, because as you have told me directly, you
don't think the PCMs are all that "smart" and it's just a box of resistors
and capacitors, which explains some of the approaches you take. I guess all
that software stuff in there is just trivial and can be ignored, right?

Ahh, if life in the tuning world were only as simple as you view it.....

Bob