Battery Relocate

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 22:27:58 EDT

Ok, due to Dodge's excellent foresight in placing the three heaviest
components after the engine and tranny on the same side of the truck
(battery, gas tank, and driver,) I've noticed that the driver's side is
starting to sag - particularly in the front. I'm thinking that the new,
powerful, HEAVY battery that I put in a little while back is part of the
problem (in addition to having 11 going on 12 year old springs,) so I'm
considering moving the battery to somewhere on the passenger side and
preferably rearward. I'm hoping it will help a little to level out the
truck, plus it'll be another little unique touch on my truck. I would
prefer to not have to get an optima, since I just bought this other battery,
but I might consider it.

Anyway, what are my options for locations? Anyone have any experience or
have some resources on the subject? The truck's a '92, RC, V6, auto, 4x2.

Thanks,

Kyle Vanditmars