Re: Battery Relocate

From: JAMEPC@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 22:49:46 EDT

I have a '93 cc in which I relocated the battery to the bed. Due to the
extra distance from the alternater to the new location and high output alternater,
 I replaced the wiring with 1 gauge. In the current configuration, the
wiring goes from the alternater to the PDC to the battery to the starter. You'll
have to solder in the fusible link and all the lugs (1 for the alt., 2 in the
PDC which would need to be taken apart, 1 for starter in and 1 for starter
out to battery). With the battery in the bed, the new wiring now goes to the
starter then the battery, otherwise you would be running wire to the bed then
back up to the starter. It makes the engine bay a lot neater and keeps the
battery cooler too.
Make sure to put wire loom on the new wire wherever it rubs on the vehicle
and use a bunch of zip ties to help keep it from moving/rubbing. Also use some
heat tape wherever it come close to any exhaust components. Use grommets
where you will drill up through the bed also.
Summit Racing has an awsome looking aluminum battery box (the welded one, not
the bolt together) but it's real expensive. I just have a cheap plastic one
for now.
Hope this helps,
James