Re: Battery Relocate

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 00:08:05 EDT

Hi Kyle
    I assume there is no hope in your truck for just mouting it under the
hood on the passenger side?? A second gas tank on the passenger side would help
your weight distribution too but I suppose the exhaust and converter plumbing
go down that side and hog the space? My preference would be anyplace where
you have reasonable access and you don't have to improvise major new cable to
the necessary components. Are you adverse to cutting an access panel in the
floor? I've been rebuilding a '79 MG for a friend. The battery sits beneath the
floor right behind the passenger seat. The original metal carrier had rusted
out and we bought from MG parts a molded plastic battery box that works
slick. 4 screws to remove the access panel and the cable run to the starter is
only about 40".

Paul Sahlin