RE: Trading for a 2003 Ram 5.7 hemi maybe

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 09:21:40 EDT

If you get the 20inch wheels you have to get the 3.92 gears. The gear is
a requirement for those wheels. IF you got the 20inch ones I would
recommend the chrome ones over the polished ones. Polished ones can be a
pain to keep looking nice and from oxidizing while the chrome ones just
need to be kept up with wax and kept clean. Nice truck and the Laramie
package is nice but make sure that some of those options are what you
really care to have. An slt+ with a nice selection of options to go with
it will save you some money. Be strongly aware that the Ram RC is still
a very expensive truck in the Laramie trim. Close to $30k without any
extra cab space.

BTW, I know what you mean on pricing for the SRT-10. I guarantee that
Dodge is re-evaluating their pricing on it since Chevrolet is coming out
with the overpriced Silverado SS. I can't believe they are starting at
$39,995 for that truck. It's plush but nothing that puts it in that
price range. It's also a dog since both the lightning and the SRT-10
will eat it up. Actually an R/T shouldn't have much trouble with it due
to the weight of it. My guess is the SRT-10 will not be priced any less
than $45k, most likely between there and $50k.

Jeff Durling