Re: wow, long time off here...( helper springs )

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 10:10:23 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Day" <billday@consolidated.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 7:24 AM

> Anyone know, or have the manual, to tell me what the maximum towing/bed
> capacity(weights) would be? I could have swore the dakota was rated as a
> half ton truck, with a maximum bed capacity of about 1650lbs... Probably
> wrong, but if I figure right, water, at 8lbs/gal a 200gal tank should
weigh
> 1600lbs give or take some depending on how accurate the measurements
are...

For a '95 4x4 club cab, it looks like there were two payload options offered
from the factory: 1450 or 1800 lbs (this info from the '95 sales brochure
published by Chrysler). Note that this is *total* load, which is going to
include stuff like gasoline, the driver, and any tools or other assorted
junk kept in the rear seat area.

In order to tell which payload package you have, check your GVWR on the
sticker inside the driver's door. Here's how they relate (again, this info
is for a '95 4x4 club cab):

Standard payload: 1450 lbs, Min GVWR: 5450 lbs
Optional payload: 1800 lbs, Min GVWR: 5830 lbs

HTH.

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer