Re: re:Subject: Trading for a 2003 Ram 5.7 hemi maybe

From: Sam South (sawcut64@msn.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 08:37:31 EDT

>Also if I get the 20" rims
> and tires in the hight of the truck affected over the 17" rims and tires?
> What I mean it does the 20" setup cause the truck to be higher off the
> ground or do they match them up with very low profile tires to compensate
> for this? Also I wonder about handeling with either.

Mark K. has an SLT with the 20's and I have an ST with 17's, and his truck
definitely sits a little higher then mine. It also handles much better then
mine and the 20's look awesome, the chrome 17's look good, they just seem
too small for the size of the truck. Mark posted his ET on the Ram forum and
it seem the guys with the 17's and the Hemi's were running faster times then
the guys with 20's and Hemi's. Probably because the 20's are much heavier
and the wheel and tire combo is taller then the 17's.

>It look like I may have to take either a black one, a
> graphite gray one, or a silver one. As hot as it gets in Texas I may get
> black one. I have seen some veichles of various makes have trouble with
> silver paint. Any thoughts on colors anyone.

I have had a few black trucks and my new Ram is a dark Patriot blue and it's
almost as hard to keep clean as the black trucks. Is there an advantage
having a black truck in Texas, wouldn't dark colors absorb more of the heat
then light colors?

>Also, The truck will
> come equipped with the am fm cd infinity radio with built in 6 disk cd
> changer and 7 speakers. Does that mean it has a subwoofer?

I don't have a sub box in mine and neither does mark, he has the am fm cd
infinity radio. These are big heavy trucks, I have a open 3.55 gear in mine
and although I get 19-21 MPG on the freeway(most of my driving) I wish I
would have gotten the 3.92 LSD. Right now I'm saving for a 4.10 LSD setup as
this truck begs for more gear. GET THE 3.92's!!! You'll love the truck, just
don't expect a L killer with the Hemi. What you get is a pretty quick,
awesome handling, quiet, nice riding truck with excellent brakes(especially
with the anti-lock system). It's the nicest truck I've ever owned!!
Sam South
2003 Ram 1500 ST
4.7 5-Speed
(Still Dakless)