re: NOW: XM Question WAS:Trading for a 2003 Ram

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 20:43:27 EDT

yes, if you start with a pure digital signal much like a CD, why spoil it by
using a cheap FM modulator. a really fancy one could produce a great signal
that could be picked up by a great FM receiver and you wouldnt know the
difference. but a great FM modulator is something rather expensive. and may
not have been used in the XM product you're talking about. also, take some
time and search for reviews of XM products. i think there have been plenty in
the past 2 years or so.

also, XM is deploying 700 to 1000 earth repeaters. to repeat the signal in
large cities where buildings and structures sometimes block the signal.
although some tunnels and steep canyons will still be a problem for XM.

-dan