Re: NOW: XM Question WAS:Trading for a 2003 Ram

From: Droo (03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 21:33:51 EDT

I have an Alpine head unit that supports XM. I just ordered up the
Alpine XM tuner/FM modulator package because it was 100$ cheaper than
getting just the tuner. I'll toss that FM stuff to the side. I ordered
the Terk XM3 antenna. It mounts to the roof on the outside with a magnet
and you run the wire in through a window gasket or some other opening.
You can also get one of those window jobs. I'll post how things went
when I install it. I'm not sure if I'll subscribe to the service right
away. I didn't plan to get the XM equip. this early but the deal was
pretty nice. As far as steep canyons and tunnels go, you'll have signal
trouble with any radio signal.

-Droo