RE: Honda commercial...THE BEST EVER

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 22:42:37 EDT

<snip>
Look again, the tires only make about 1/4 revolution and it
is due to them being weighted. Link and discussion was done
a couple of weeks ago on another list.
<unsnip>

I'll watch the commercial again tomorrow when I get back to work where I have a much
faster connection. But, as I remember from the first time I saw it, the first tire rolls
to the ramp, hits it, bounces slightly, then acts like someone gave it a push and climbs
the ramp faster than it did approaching the ramp. I don't care what weights are inside,
this doesn't happen in reality.

BTW, the story keeps changing. Depending on which "true story" you read, Honda spent
anywhere from 1 to 6 million US $'s on the project and it took anywhere between 400 - 700
takes to get it right. Why all of the inconsistencies?

John