Re: New truck is in, how do you take radio bezel off, gold key plus?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 11:30:14 EDT

Patrick, on just about every car I've put head units into, the dash bezel
just snaps out from around the radio. Just grab the edges and slowly work
it up and it should pop free. There aren't usually any screws except on
some weird imports and fords. (Fords use this weird "key" system so you
push this device into the holes in the radio and when you pull it out, the
radio comes with it). After you get that bezel off, there should be 2 hex
head bolts (10mm i think) that hold the radio in, one on the lower left
corner the other on the upper right side. I hope this helps!

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

"Patrick and Kelly Engram" <patrickandkelly@erols.com> wrote in message news:3EE0AFBD.8070207@erols.com... > > Good new! Dealer told me my truck arrived this morning. They are going > to prep it and I'll go check it out this afternoon. I have a couple > questions. > To all of you who yanked your factory radio-how do you take apart the > dash to be able to remove the radio? > 2nd question-anyone have the gold key plus lease program (not the gold > key, but the gold key plus) and pros and cons so far? > I'll let everyone know if the business console showed up by chance and > what's gonna happen if it's not there (Droo!) > Patrick >