Re: Not Starting

From: jdurling@bellsouth.net
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 18:05:13 EDT

Hard to tell but to use my experience that sounds about normal for when the
battery dies. Realize that the lock on the radio even draws and when one
cell starts, or goes, bad that it does some pretty strange things. The first
time mine went south it was almost exactly as you described. Drove me nuts.
I would get another battery to start and go from there. Before you do that
put a volt/ohm meter on it and see how far it trickles down after gettting a
charge on it. IF it goes fast most likely it will keep going. It should hold
right around 12 volts, usually a hair above.

Jeff Durling