RE: Re: Not Starting

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 18:11:58 EDT

<snip>
> Now I'm trying
> to figure out if there's a drain or a failure in charging. I don't want
> to just put a new battery in and drain that one dead too.

It's easy to check for a drain on the battery. With the ignition off and
all accessories turned off, remove the negative battery cable. Put a test
light between the neg. battery cable and the neg. terminal of the battery.
If the bulb lights then something is drawing current. You would then pull
fuses until the light goes out and you will know which circuit is causing
the drain.

RayB