Re: air cleaners for 3.9 V6

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 09:44:16 EDT

I've got an airaid intake tube (it was $20 i got it from a friend - i know
the k&n is better, stop it.) and have never had a problem with getting water
sucked into the motor that I'm aware of. Believe me Chicago is no stranger
to flooding either, keep the bumper out of the deep water and you should be
just fine! I used to worry about that when I first got the intake tube, but
not anymore... However, I'm planning on doing either a cowl hood (with
airbox) or a shaker hood, so I'd have to worry more about the rain than deep
water.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Edward Falsename"" <msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:BAY8-F70FutJLtosJ3I00015223@hotmail.com... > > hello everyone. > > Ive been using a Intense Performance intake for the past 6 months (stage 2) > and have been very satisfied with it, until the recent rains and floods. > Intake got wet on several occasions and its got me worried. should i hit > deep puddle too hard and have the belt fan throw tons of water at an exposed > cotton filter, and have that water sucked into the engine (unlikely but > possible)...or should i end up going thru somplace REAL deep...just wanna > stop thinking...right now...I know a lot of people use these cone filters > and im curious if any of you have run into these problems with water? > > anyway, im looking into a round air cleaner for my 99 3.9l V6 that is > CONFIMRED to fit. I know the 3.9's TB is pushed farther back into the engine > compartment near the firewall so that doesnt leave much space for a large > one, but it would give me more peace of mind and would sure as hell beat > putting the stock junk back on. just got a 14" air cleaner and it doesnt > fit. hopefully itll have a nozzle for the driver side valve breather hose > thingy. if not can someone reccomend a valve breather filter to go with it > if it doesnt have the hole for it. > > > > mucho thanks > msnbcnnbcbs > 99 RC V6 Auto > > _________________________________________________________________ > Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail >