air cleaners for 3.9 V6

From: Edward Falsename (msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 20:33:44 EDT

hello everyone.

Ive been using a Intense Performance intake for the past 6 months (stage 2)
and have been very satisfied with it, until the recent rains and floods.
Intake got wet on several occasions and its got me worried. should i hit
deep puddle too hard and have the belt fan throw tons of water at an exposed
cotton filter, and have that water sucked into the engine (unlikely but
possible)...or should i end up going thru somplace REAL deep...just wanna
stop thinking...right now...I know a lot of people use these cone filters
and im curious if any of you have run into these problems with water?

anyway, im looking into a round air cleaner for my 99 3.9l V6 that is
CONFIMRED to fit. I know the 3.9's TB is pushed farther back into the engine
compartment near the firewall so that doesnt leave much space for a large
one, but it would give me more peace of mind and would sure as hell beat
putting the stock junk back on. just got a 14" air cleaner and it doesnt
fit. hopefully itll have a nozzle for the driver side valve breather hose
thingy. if not can someone reccomend a valve breather filter to go with it
if it doesnt have the hole for it.

mucho thanks
msnbcnnbcbs
99 RC V6 Auto