Re: RE: Good price for body work?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 15:31:44 EDT

You get what you pay for Gabe... I don't mind paying a little more for the
lifetime warranty and show quality work. Just my personal preferences is
all, but I totally agree with Dave. You also have to figure in that they're
doing custom work for him... flipping a tailgate handle and painting the
mirrors/doorhandles and such, there's a lot of feathering involved with
that....

The body shop I go to quoted me about that same price to shave my antenna,
flip the tailgate handle, install a sir michael's roll pan and weld the
sides, paint handles mirrors, install a fiberglass shaker hood and a
fiberglass wiper cowl.... I think he got a pretty good deal.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Gabriel A. Couriel"" <BigGabe@fiufiji.com> wrote in message news:PFEPJALHADOCFMOEDDPOEEJKCAAA.BigGabe@FIUFIJI.com... > > that sounds like a rip-off to me. the guy i take my truck to wanted $2000 > to paint an entire car (toyota station wagon), and he uses premium paint. > i'd shop around a bit before i take that offer. just like surgery, always > get a second (or third) opinion. > > there's this one shop here in Miami that specializes on high-end, exotic > cars... the guy wanted $400 to paint my door. the body shop i take my truck > to wanted $180 for the same work and materials. > > Gabe Couriel > > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net > [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Dave > Downing > Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 12:03 PM > To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net > Subject: DML: Good price for body work? > > > > I'm having some stuff done on my truck, new hood, mirrors, door handles and > shaving the tailgate handle. The hood is going to require some work, > probably about 8 hours to make it perfect and they're going to blend the > fenders and grille to make sure everything matches perfectly, same in the > rear. They quoted me $2600, sound about right for quality work? I don't > want a Maaco job, I want it to look perfect, like it came from the factory > that way. I don't mind paying for quality work, just wondering how this > compares to work that others have had done. Thanks. > > -- > Dave > '02 FR RC R/T > > > > >