Re: Hesitation when cold

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 10:45:13 EDT

(1) This is normal (to an extent) as the system is going from a Cold-Start/Open
Loop operation into normal/closed-loop. There will be a slight "hiccup" on
higher mileage vehicles during this time...especially on 5-speed vehicles.
(2) Change the coolant temp sensor as they do corrode after a while and will
give slower warm-up readings (or sometimes too warm at cold-start causing
a "hiccup")
(3) How old are your O2 sensors?

- Bernd