Trottman's Curse LIVES!!!

From: John Bell (john_bell_2@hushmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 20:44:34 EDT

AARRGGHH!!! :-)

So I get my S-Bolt in the mail (thanks to the generosity of Ron at
muscletrucks.net - very cool!), and am all
psyched up and ready to install it.

I get the air hat off, pull of the stock bracket/stud/bolt assembly, and
proceed to turn in the S-Bolt (oh boy, I can't wait...)

*SNAP*

<pause>

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

That's right, the S-Bolt broke off about half a thread inside the hole!
AAAGGGHHH!!!

So tomorrow, I will be making a very soft tender baby steps trip to the
machine shop to get the offending piece
tapped out so I can get back to normal. This will require the removal of the
throttle body, so I figure:

machine shop + removed throttle body = excuse to have throttle body machined
:-)

Yep, ol' John-boy is gonna make lemonade out of lemons.

Oh yeah, by the way... CURSE YOU TROTTMAN! :-D *LOL*

Have fun,

--
John Bell
'00 QC SLT+ 4x4 5.9 46RE NV242 *** no air hat for now ***