Re: Tire Size

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 02:46:42 EDT

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 10:05 AM, Seth Bush wrote:

> The factory
> GoodYear's just aren't doing the trick,

I don't think they ever have. I really would like to know just how
much money they save going with those Wranglers that don't wear or grip
well, on or off road.

> Can anybody tell me what the largest tire-size I can fit
> on my '02 4x4?

without a lift, you're certainly safe with 31s, and I've never heard of
32s rubbing, but that doesn't mean much. as you can see, 33s depend on
the truck. I think if you crank your t-bars you'd probably be in good
shape if you don't mind really full wheel wells. remember to re-align
after cranking to keep those new tires new.

> Any tire suggestions would also be a plus.

the BFG a/ts always get good mentions. I run Yokahama Geolander
a/t+IIs, and I adore them. they don't look as tough as some others but
they're wearing long and well with great dry handling, decent and
predictable wet handling and they've done well in the not extremely
muddy off roading I've done. we'll see if I'm still singing their
praises after I get back from Jon's in a month... I picked up some tow
hooks today just in case I'm not =)

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak.html>