Re: RE: Re: RE: Ram Hemi Performance parts

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 17:43:46 EDT

Keep me posted. I think there is trememdous potential with the Hemi and I
feel it will respond to aftermarket add ons even better than our wedge head
engines did. I hope that Dodge will build another performance Dakota using
the Hemi also. Let's see, how much , stock for stock, do I need to gain to
equal a Lightning? I bet I can get even with one without a supercharger. I
wonder what the weight difference is between a L and my reg cab swb Ram? I
am still having to get used to the electronic throttle. Since you have no
direct connection between your right foot and the throttle, there are minor
delays in what happens when you move your right foot and this feeling of
being disconnected. Kind of like when I am on an airplane and my feet are
on the floor but I know there is nothing below it but air! I still love the
Hemi. There is really serious power there. I expect, like my 5.2 and 5.9
it wont develop maximum power for a few thousand miles either. The dealer
says customers say it takes about 6k on the Hemi to get to maximum power and
fuel mileage. i will be putting a very high end stereo system in the truck
next weekend. I have some serious components ordered and I am not going to
make it a reduculous bass pounder, just ( I hope) a great sounding system.
I am using top of the line Premier (Pioneer) head unit with my XM tuner,
Infinity's top of the line 2 way 3.5s in the dash, Pioneer 8" mid woofers in
the doors driven by an Alpine 4X40 watt amp abd a Infinity bass link
subwoofer on the cab wall behind the center seat/console. The reg cab Ram
has 14" of depth behind the seats minimum. I am lookinf forward to another
get together in Central Texas. Any plans for one anywhere from
Dallas/FTWorth to Austin?