RE: BFG A/T's Stink WAS Re: Tire Size

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 09:25:09 EDT

>BFG All-Terrains suck. They are extremely overrated especially when you
>consider how much they sell for. They are lousy in the snow - the lugs fill up so
>fast you might as well be running slicks. They're loud, even for an
>all-terrain. I bought them for my '02 and I've had them on for 18,000 miles. I'll
>never buy another set.

I have to disagree that they suck as bad as you state. Granted, I have heard they are less
than ideal for snow and I have never driven through any with these tires. But, they are
quieter than the factory Crapyear Wrangler RTS's and their wet traction is far and away
better than the GY's even after nearly 50K miles. The GY's hydroplaned within 20K miles,
the BFG's have never done this. They also do much better in the slick sticky mud around my
house than the GY's. I like them alot and will buy another set when these wear out. For my
use, they are just about perfect.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html