How To Touch-up Chrome Plating?

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 11:30:11 EDT

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience in touching up chrome? The
chrome on my front bumper is getting that milky appearance, and I have a
little scratched up spot on my rear bumper that I'd like to touch up somehow
from backing into a piece of concrete. I was looking at having both of them
replated until I found out what that was going to cost. $400-$500 to
rechrome each one! OUCH!!! Guess I'll just buy a new front bumper instead,
and try to touch up the rear one. If anyone has any suggestions, please let
me know.
Thanks,
Rich - Ashburn, VA