RE: How To Touch-up Chrome Plating?

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 13:50:54 EDT

Hi Bill,
Thanks, but the problem is the poorly thin chromed plating. It is so thin,
I believe the milky color is coming from the base nickel plate showing
through the chrome after the sun has beaten on it now for several years.
I've tried all kinds of polishes and waxes on it. It either needs painted
or replaced.

It isn't bad if you were going to use it for an everyday driver, but about
the only time the Dak comes out anymore is for shows and a weekend drive.
I'm trying to perk everything back up to at least 100% showroom condition.
When I show it, I want it clean! :'B
Rich