Re: brakes???

From: Wayne Allewelt (wallewelt@mai-aec.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 14:32:24 EDT

IMHO I wouldn't rebuild the calipers if they are working fine. Like they
say, if it ain't broke don't fix it. The only reasons I could see rebuilding
them is if they are leaking or you plan on painting the calipers, other than
that I say not to do it. You might want to check the condition of the seal
around the piston while you are at it. That seems to be the number one place
for leaks to develop from my experience. Remember to bleed make sure you
have all the old fluid out, I would bleed at least a pint of the new stuff
through just to be on the safe side.

Wayne
01 QC Sport 4x4 V8