Re: Re: brakes???

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 13:34:46 EDT

Josh
     I vaguely recall Ford a number of years ago going one better than sealed
wheel bearings and that was a rather brief period when they advertised
"factory set front end alignment," in other words, a non-adjustable caster/camber.
Anyone with 2 cents worth of brains could see a disaster in the making there.
     I've had one upper A-arm/ball jt replaced on my truck @ 47k mi due to
the rubber seal wearing a hole in itself and what little grease there was
leaking out. I checked recently and all the others, upper and lower and both
tierods are leaking now too so I will have to mount the fight with my dealer for
doing everything. I have Chrysler's extended 5yr/75k warranty with 2yrs and
about 27k mi left to go.
     If they would have just left the zerk fittings on these I know there
would be fewer warranty claims. Same goes for a conventional pair of wheel
bearings requiring a 10k mi interval for repacking

Paul Sahlin