O/T....FIRE ANTS

From: Paul Bullerman (paulb287@psknet.com)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 20:34:23 EDT

There were some huge ones in SATX, they had trails cut in the grass going
back to the nest, at least a 1/4 inch wide, but they didnt produce a mound
of dirt, just a big hole in the ground. We used to stick a black cat in the
hole...BAM....and huge fire ants swarmed out of there.....glad I never got
bit by one of those....