Re: Are White dakota R/T's rare?....tow ratings?.... R/T's in snow again

From: Dave Downing (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 08:41:48 EDT

> also I drive a V6 sport, not many problems in the snow with 200lbs of sand
> in the back, will this work with the r/t or will the torque just do me in?
>
> Punch
>
> my dream list (reality list)/ short list
> R/T
> Hemi ram
> WRX

Not sure on how rare they are, but I've only seen a few pictures myself, and
I've never seen one in person. The 2000lb tow rating is due to the reworked
suspension (1" lower than stock, I think they pulled a leaf out to do this),
but yes with airbags you have the full towing capacity of the
5.9L/3.92/9.25" combo, not sure what it's rated at, but people have towed
quite a bit with the right setup. I store my R/T for the winter, but there
are people that drive them, with the right tires and weight in the bed, and
a light foot, you'd be ok. Still not the optimal vehicle for foul weather
tho. As much as I hate to say it, the WRX would be much better suited for
that, you'd have the performance and AWD, but it's not a truck! :P But
since this is the last year for the 5.9 R/T, as a matter of fact, the last
one rolled off the line just recently, it might not be a bad idea to get one
if you want one. Not sure if they're gonna go up in value, but you never
know.

-Dave
'02 FR RC R/T