RE: Which fumoto valve?

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 18:08:09 EDT

> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:03:09 -0400, DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us ("BARRY
> OLIVER") wrote:
>

> >Is there a factory skidplate that covers the oilpan? Part number?
>
> There is, at least on my truck. It's the same skid plate that covers
> the front differential and the transfer case. I've been considering
> the fumoto valve because of the skid plate -- the edge of the skid
> plate and the oil drain valve are lined up just perfectly so that
> unless you're really lucky, oil drips onto the skid plate. (Where it
> collects, and later drips out onto my garage floor.)
>
> -Bill

Stop considering and get one Bill, with the nipple. Pop a piece of hose
on it, flip the lever and watch the oil drain into the pain, no mess, no
fuss. I can do an oil change in about 10 minutes :) Prior to the Fumoto,
it was an exercise in watching oil drip out of all the little holes in the
skid plate.. :)

No clue what the part # is Barry, but I'm sure your local parts dept. can
give it to you.

/Curt