Re: Timing Chain replacement help?

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 20:18:55 EDT

Tim,
  I just sent you an email with some tips on replacing the timing chain. I
would go ahead and get a new tensioner if I were you. It's funny that
you've got chain noise at 56K if you currently have the tensioner. Makes me
wonder if you have one at all. The life of the chain is about 40K give or
take without the tensioner. I could see one lasting til 56K without the
tensioner, but I would think that one WITH the tensioner would last longer
than that. Does that make any sense? Either way, I would go ahead and pick
up a new tensioner.
  And about the crank bolt....don't worry. You won't strip the crank bolt.
Only idiots that don't think about what their doing do that. (Yes that
idiot was me). I've explained the simple way to avoid this error in my
earlier email.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6