Re: Now message boards

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 21:48:29 EDT

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:16:14 -0400, jason.dml@bleazard.net (Jason
Bleazard) wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:48:11 jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>>
>> Essentially what it comes down to is that I absolutely refuse
>> to eliminate the e-mail/newsgroup versions of the DML.
>
>THANK YOU!!! Mostly for all the blood, sweat and dollars you've put in to
>the list over the years... but also for not going to a web forum. Some
>people like them, and I'm not one of those people. Personally, I find
>them annoying. Nothing against anyone who does like web forums, go ahead
>and make all the forums you want, but don't take away my mailing list :-).

I definitely think a big thank you is in order to Jon. I know that I
appreciate all of the work that you've put into the DML. The bottom
line is that it's a damned fine little community we have going on
here. I've been thinking about this on and off for most of the day,
and the mailing list with newsgroup option is really the best way.
Web forums are nice for some stuff, but for something as active as the
DML, it would just make reading and replying to posts take a lot
longer. Not to mention that a lot of the regulars read the list from
work and don't have web access.

Anyway, THANKS JON!

-Bill