Re: Re[2]: Too rich?

From: JAMEPC@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 21:51:29 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/2003 9:22:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dml@mikesdakota.com writes:

> >Mike-
> >Did you read the posts about my code 52? I have the same problem but I
> know
> >my O2 sensor is good so the computer is trying to compensate for an overly
> >rich condition but it's too for off the scale for it to be adjusted by the
> PCM.
> >When I reset my PCM the code goes away for 200 miles and comes back. The
> funny
> >thing is that it runs fine till the code pops up, THEN it starts
> >hesitation. Things that have been suggested to me are bad injectors and
> fuel sync not
> >properly set.
> >James
>

> James, I saw your post after I had sent that one. I
> think we have the same problem. Mine comes back about
> about 2 weeks after a reset. I may get more than 200
> miles but not much. I had the idea that it went off
> how many drive cycles instead of miles driven. But it
> could be either. I noticed you have a lot of mods, my
> 360 has heads, big cam, M1, headers.... all the basic
> stuff. Weird thing is, I didn't have this code for
> some time after the swap, and now I do. So something
> has changed. On mine however, after it pops the 52 it
> still runs fine. I have left the light on for several
> weeks with no change in driveability.... How is your
> cold idle?
>

> --Mike
> <A HREF="www.mikesdakota.com">www.mikesdakota.com</A>

Before the code pops, it idles fine, a little lumpy but fine. After the
code, the RPM's fluctuate at idle and there's hesitation on acceleration.
Did you set your fuel sync will a real scan tool or an ohm meter? I havn't
had access to a scan tool yet so I may try to turn my distributor a hare.
James
P.S. Want to buy your cam degree kit back? Cheap :)