99 Engine Removal/ Upgrade Suggestions

From: dametalr (dametalr@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 21:46:36 EDT

Well.....
The FSM instructions didn't seem to apply to my truck as far as removing the
oil pan with the engine installed. As a result I killed my oil pan and
sliced off my Y pipe. They got what they deserved! So, I'm now in the
process of removing the engine......to replace the oil pan and stir up some
real trouble, but the FSM says NOT to attempt to lift it from the intake
manifold. OK, that makes sense. Not having any previous experience with
Chrysler engines, is it ok to simply use the accessory bolt holes at the
front of the heads??
So while this lil beauty is out, it's a great excuse to pacify my angst with
some performance upgrades!! I have a 99 CC with a 318.
I've had an F&B 50mm TB for a couple years now and was considering the new
M1 2bbl. I don't drag race, but do tow/ haul very often. Needless to say,
I'm concerned about my low to mid range. Typically 2500-3500 rpm, with 2500
being my highway cruising rpm (4.10 rear end, 31" tires). Also, looking to
keep my stock cam and add a set of 1.7 Crower or Comp Cams rocker arms. Any
opinions or experiences welcomed.

Thanks
Ken