Re: 8 3/4" axle swap FAQ is online

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 16:44:34 EDT

In a message dated 6/30/2003 4:39:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jon@dakota-truck.net writes:

> Great info, Bill!! I'm assuming the reason the rear ABS is lost
> is due to the ABS sensor being located in the housing? If so, I
> wonder how difficult it would be to fabricate some sort of sensor
> ring that would mount on the pinion, driveshaft, or one of the
> brake drums?

That's exactly the reason, Jon. And since that also functions as the speed
sensor on '98 and up - it rules out axle swaps on those trucks.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 LSD
'95 Dakota CC 4x2, SLT, 318, 5 spd, 3.55 LSD