Re: Drop Shocks????????????

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 11:44:49 EDT

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:27:42 -0400, jbattles@bankfinancial.com ("Josh
Battles") wrote:

>Ok, I know we've discussed shocks like a bazillion times now, but I can't
>remember if we ever discussed drop shocks. I need to replace my shocks and
>don't have the money to spend on the super-expensive Hotchkis Bilsteins
>(about $95 each) that go with my drop kit. I was thinking of getting either
>some of the Doesch Tech shocks or some generic Monroes for a stock height
>truck and just compressing them excessively. What do you all think? Anyone
>have any experiences that they'd like to share??? Any help would be GREATLY
>appreciated!!! Thanks!!

I'm not sure how I would feel about over-compressing stock-height
shocks on a lowered truck. I know that on the Rancho site they've got
a whole load of technical info that would essentially let you pick out
the same shock but in a different size. Surely Monroe and others have
the same information available to dealers, even if it's not publically
accessible. If you could get the equivalent of the stock shock minus
the decrease in travel because of your lowering kit, that'd be the
ideal setup.

-Bill