Re: Drop Shocks????????????

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 17:05:41 EDT

Yeah, I'm gonna do all 4. I should have them tomorrow night and they should
be on by the weekend with any luck. We'll definately have to compare notes,
I'd like to see how they do on your trip. Oh, and I marked up that picture
for you, I'll try and email it tonight with those measurements. Otherwise
you'll get it tomorrow. It all depends on wether I go to play in the bocce
ball "tournament" tonight.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Brian Fitchett"" <fitchett@chem.utah.edu> wrote in message news:bdss28$tp2$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > i got the same ones, although i paid the $40 for them ($82 total with tax). > Are you doing all four? we will have to compare notes. I want to get these > on before i head to St George (southern Utah) this weekend and see how they > do on the highway. > > Brian > > ""Josh Battles"" <jbattles@bankfinancial.com> wrote in message > news:bdspo6$pjd$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > > > Well, what I'm gonna do, after lots of research... I've got a friend that > > works at a Murray's Auto parts store who's gonna get me the Monroe Reflex > > shocks (for a stock height dakota) for about $30 each (instead of the $45) > > and I'm just gonna compress them. I figure that they'll ride a little > hard, > > but hold the road quite nicely. Plus, they're lifetime warranteed so I'll > > be able to get new ones if/when the fail. That way I can finally ditch > > these 50K mile stock shock garbage! Yay me. Hopefully they don't cause > any > > problems with my lower shock bolts..... <<prays to god>> > > > > Thanks to those the contributed! > > > > -- > > - Josh > > Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L > > > > > > "Bill Pitz" <dakota@billpitz.com> wrote in message > > news:gua3gv0vmdn52gjb71a7l5fbp05dnlm2ui@4ax.com... > > > > > > On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:27:42 -0400, jbattles@bankfinancial.com ("Josh > > > Battles") wrote: > > > > > > > > > > >Ok, I know we've discussed shocks like a bazillion times now, but I > can't > > > >remember if we ever discussed drop shocks. I need to replace my shocks > > and > > > >don't have the money to spend on the super-expensive Hotchkis Bilsteins > > > >(about $95 each) that go with my drop kit. I was thinking of getting > > either > > > >some of the Doesch Tech shocks or some generic Monroes for a stock > height > > > >truck and just compressing them excessively. What do you all think? > > Anyone > > > >have any experiences that they'd like to share??? Any help would be > > GREATLY > > > >appreciated!!! Thanks!! > > > > > > I'm not sure how I would feel about over-compressing stock-height > > > shocks on a lowered truck. I know that on the Rancho site they've got > > > a whole load of technical info that would essentially let you pick out > > > the same shock but in a different size. Surely Monroe and others have > > > the same information available to dealers, even if it's not publically > > > accessible. If you could get the equivalent of the stock shock minus > > > the decrease in travel because of your lowering kit, that'd be the > > > ideal setup. > > > > > > -Bill > > > > > >