RE: superchips programmer

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 17:20:59 EDT

Attempting to do it by submitting a VIN is hit or miss. What you really
should be doing is downloading your stock PCM program into the tuner and
THEN sending it back. If they are not correctly locating your current
software revision based on the VIN, then you're just screwed with the
replacement. By sending them your stock programmed stored in the tuner,
there is no way to miss. The tuner MUST see your existing program stored in
memory or it's no go.

Advice handed down from a good friend who reads the list, but rarely has
time to reply. He also has a significant role in the software Superchips is
using to develop that tuner.

Bob