Re: Re: T-Stat Raplcement ??'s

From: greg conner (dodgeboy93@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 21:53:10 EDT

Gary

Its usually more involved than that. On most trucks the alternator at the
least has to be removed to gain access to the t stat housing. On the front
of the housing is a tab that prohibits the housing from being removed while
the alternator is in place. Not only that but with the alternator in place
it would be a pain in the ass to properly remove whats left of the original
t stat gasket. I reccomend pulling the front 8 or so bolts and removing the
whole front ac/alt bracket and putting it to the side. This way you dont
have to worry about removing the alternator wiring you can just leave it
connected and place the whole unit aside. Now is also a good time to
replace the waterpump bipass hose which runs from the intake manifold to
water pump. these are notorious for springing leaks and causing headaches.

I can walk you through the whole process if you need it eric. Just email me
off list.

gmconner@juno.com

Greg Conner
1996 RC